Milwaukee, WI 53224 US
- Burning and welding various metals. Repair equipment by using welding techniques and appropriate welding equipment.
- Clean and prepare surfaces to be welded. Set up, assemble and tack weld parts.
- Build up worn or defective surfaces.
- Use burning equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to size and shape.
- Provide quality feedback to appropriate personnel when necessary.
- Diagnose and remedy operating and tooling problems, notifying appropriate personnel when necessary.
- Maintain machines per preventive maintenance manuals.
- Maintain an organized work environment based on 5-S principles; Sort, Scrub, Standardize, Set in Order and Sustain.
- Layout and measure per inspection report or quality criteria.
- Create and maintain detailed job instructions.
- Check first runs and subsequent pieces to ensure product meets company and customer expectations.
- Assist in the design and manufacture of weld fixturing.
- Level of education usually acquired through completion of high school.
- Strong math skills in geometry and trigonometry.
- TIG experience acquired through 3-5 years of experience.
- Ability to accurately scan labor, check labor and provide for corrections.
- Ability to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to measure (using ruler, tapes, height gauge, micrometer) and count accurately.
- Ability to read detailed blueprints.
- Ability to operate overhead crane, aerial lift, forklift, hand trucks, and various machines.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work.