Senior Staff Accountant
Clearwater, FL 33765 US
Summary of Position:
Processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. Processing payments, both by check and electronically. Perform account reconciliations, journal entries, and other month-end procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Paying employees by verifying expense reports and preparing pay checks
- Paying vendors by scheduling pay checks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding finance
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports
- Continuing to improve the payment and payroll process
- Develop, compile, and maintain extensive customer records and files,
- Communicate tactfully and effectively in both oral and written form,
- Support accounting department in other key accounting areas.
- Able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Process attendance records and other documents (e.g. W-2 and tax forms)
- Check payroll information for accuracy and ensure all relevant paperwork is in order
- Coordinate with HR about changes in payroll (e.g. terminations, new hires)
- Oversee electronic payments and distribution of payroll checks
- Perform general departmental housekeeping regularly
- Sustain production standards and quality
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or related work experience.
- 0-2 years of work experience in accounting
- Must be able to work with ITAR products and related data without restriction.