Staffworks Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/61205/logos/square.png http://www.staffworksgroup.com http://www.staffworksgroup.com USD 130000 YEAR true
Senior Instrument & Controls Engineer
Tampa, FL 33607 US
Posted: 02/28/2023 2023-02-28 2023-04-24 Employment Type: Contract Job Number: FP23249923 Pay Rate: 130000
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Instrument & Controls Engineer.
The Sr. I&C Engineer will have the following:
- Extensive background in the design of instrumentation and control systems for chemical, refining, petrochemical and specialty chemical plants, including preparing instrument specs, loop sheets, wiring diagrams, etc.
- Strong background in PLC and DCS systems such as Allen Bradley, Emerson-Delta V, Yokogawa, Foxboro, etc., including preparing architectural network diagrams and control equipment specifications
- Detailed Design, PID development, instrumentation and control equipment specifications, datasheets, PLC control Programming, HMI development
- Knowledge of NFPA/70-NEC, IEC, ISA and other relevant industry codes and standards with respect to design requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A proven ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Maintaining solid knowledge of digital and analog control systems for regulatory and supervisory process control design, development of control philosophy, and coordination of work between other disciplines and instrumentation departments
- Preparing work-hour (engineering) estimates, installed cost estimates, budgeting, scheduling, controlling and reporting instrument and control design progress to ensure efficient and timely execution of the project
- Coordinating with Client on instrument specifications and control philosophy issues related to the development of P&ID diagrams, control systems design, and wiring of distributed control systems and programmable controllers
- Supervising engineering and design team members assigned to projects, manpower-planning, and scheduling of engineering activities
- As a working engineering and design discipline leader, providing technical guidance and quality check on design team's output
- Liaising with plant and construction team members for on-going domestic and international projects
- Coordinating with local authorities for the compliance with local rules/regulations and permit approvals
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (related to Instrumentation and Control Systems)
- 10 or more years of experience in front-end and detailed engineering design of heavy industrial plants
- PE license preferred
- Field work experience
- Willingness to travel to job sites, as needed