Project Controls Specialist
Tampa, FL 33607 US
We have an excellent opportunity for a Project Controls Specialist.
The Project Controls Specialist will actively participate in all aspects of Project Controls on various projects. They will assist in the development of project budgets and schedules to establish baselines to measure and track project performance.
- Develops and maintains detailed project schedules for the engineering, procurement and construction phases of projects, utilizing Primavera P6 software.
- Assists with the development of project capital cost estimates for all phases of the project.
- Assists with pricing of services and development of schedules for proposals.
- Sets up project budgets and track cost and progress in project management software.
- Establishes subcontract budgets and procurement budgets from approved capital cost estimates and tracks/forecasts cost through project completion.
- Prepares change notices and change orders for projects, and maintain budgets.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly project progress reports including total project cost reports, schedule, physical progress and earned value.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business Management or related area strongly preferred; equivalent experience considered
- 5 or more years of experience with an engineering firm, working on heavy industrial/chemical/petro-chemical projects
- High proficiency in scheduling and cost control techniques
- Strong computer skills, including Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.