Tampa, FL 33607 US
We have an excellent opportunity for a Piping Designer with experience developing piping discipline documents, as required and guided using knowledge of plant layouts, and experience with process pressure piping systems.
The Piping Designer utilizes CAD to prepare layout and design drawings utilizing practical design knowledge. The designer interprets and ensures conformance to applicable standards and codes, as well as company policies and procedures.
The Piping Designer will meet or exceed expectations with the following:
- Ability to work closely with Design Supervisors, Senior Designers and other disciplines to ensure coordinated design systems
- Sound knowledge of drafting techniques, engineering drawings
- Solid skills reading, interpreting, and using related documents and drawings prepared by other project groups
- Knowledge of Piping design guides, standards, specifications, and procedures
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Field walk down and investigation abilities
- Material handling design experience (a bonus)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in piping design with design experience in the refining, pharmaceutical, and chemical industries
- Higher Education Degree preferred