Staffworks Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/61205/logos/square.png http://www.staffworksgroup.com http://www.staffworksgroup.com USD 15.75 HOUR true
Operator In Training (Entry Level)
Mentor, OH 44060 US
Posted: 03/15/2023 2023-03-15 2023-04-24 Employment Type: Contract Job Number: JV55244614 Pay Rate: 15.75
Staffworks Group is now hiring Operators in Training. This is a Third Shift Contract to Hire opportunity, with a manufacturer located in Mentor, OH. Our partner offers career paths, and a generous benefits package.
*OPEN TO ENTRY LEVEL CANNIDATES*
SUNDAY - THURS
10PM - 6:30AM
Engage in assembly of product, using various hand tools and equipment. Jobs can range from plastic corrugate and/or foam components to create reusable/recyclable packing interiors (dunnage) while adhering to safety and quality standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn basic assembly skills.
- Learn to read print drawings.
- Wear yellow vest during OIT (Operator in Training) period.
- Build and insert assembled interiors into plastic containers.
- Perform self and peer quality inspection during assembly to ensure quality is maintained.
- Work with Buddy and Cell Lead to develop assembly skills.
- Alert Cell Lead, Set Up and/or Supervisor to any issues with the quality of product being assembled.
- Work in various cells throughout shift.
- Verify parts and material to the work order.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner using all personal protective, safety equipment and devices that are required, in accordance with all STW documentation (if STW is not developed for any process within this job, proper training techniques must be followed).
- Be actively involved in Continuous Improvement; promote and sustain any and all CI, 5S and STW activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Performance Measures and Outcomes
- Successfully complete 30-60-90 Day Progress Report
- Successfully complete OIT JTTF Assessment
- Maintain attendance record of 3 points or less
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Safety sensitive position - ability to work in a constant state of alertness and a safe manner.
- Ability to STOP-THINK-ACT and work safely.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as required based upon the needs of the business.
- Ability to work on a rotating shift.
- Ability to work rotating job stations.
- Ability to effectively work in teams.
- Ability to professionally accept constructive feedback and criticism.
- Ability to work in a production-based environment with moving equipment and people.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of roles.
- Ability to read, write, speak and communicate in English.
- Ability to operate hand tools and equipment.
- Carrying - Frequency: Incidental, Maximum Weight: 10
- Lifting (Incidental (< once / hour)) - Maximum Weight: 10
- Lifting (Occasional (< 15 / hour)) - Maximum Weight: 50
- Lifting (Frequent (16 to 30 / hour)) - Maximum Weight: 50
- Manipulation (Dominant Hand) - Frequency: Frequent
- Manipulation (Non-Dominant Hand) - Frequency: Frequent
- Pushing/Pulling - Frequency: Incidental, Max Force: 30
- Reaching (Dominant Hand) - Frequency: Occasional
- Reaching (Non-Dominant Hand) - Frequency: Occasional
- Stance (Standing) - Frequency: Constant
- Stance (Below Waist Level Postures) - Frequency: Occasional
- Stance (Complex Neck/Spinal Motion) - Frequency: Frequent
- Walking - Frequency: Occasional
- Hearing - Alarms
- Hearing - Verbal
- Touch - Proprioception
- Vision - Acuity
- Vision - Color
- Vision - Peripheral
*EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPROTUNTIY*
37812 VINE STREET, WILLOUGHBY OH, 44094
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.75 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance