Material Handler- 1st shift
Lancaster, NY 14086 US
Staffworks Group is Hiring for a Client in Lancaster, NY!
JOB TITLE: Material Handler - REPORTS TO: Supply Chain Manager
SUMMARY- This position entails maintaining production and distribution of product by pulling orders from inventory, delivering production materials and supplies, staging finished product and receipt of unused items being returned to stock.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance check on PILT (Powered Industrial Lift Truck), using the Infolink keypad
- Retrieve orders from Road Runner or Production Line Leads
- Verify availability of quantities for production order runs
- Communicate material storages to warehouse lead/supervisor
- Pull (using FIFO, first in–first out) material/parts needed for the production departments using WMS
- Stage in designated areas material/parts needed for the production departments in a timely manner
- Ensures materials returned (unused) from production are wrapped and properly tagged with item number and batch code
- Restock unused parts from a production run.
- Use RF Scanners for inventory movement and tracking
- Wrap and tag pallets as necessary
- Assist in receiving and loading of outgoing trucks.
- Insure trailer safety gland hand SOP procedures are followed
- Receiving: Verify and record incoming material; items #’s, quantities and lot #‘s
- Shipping: Verify and record outgoing material; items #’s, quantities and lot #‘s
- Communicate current priorities with incoming shift personnel to insure no production delays
- Assists in warehouse inventories, yearly physical and daily cycle counts
- 6 months to a year of warehouse experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Forklift and reach truck operator certification
- Basic math skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to use a weight scale and to use a counting scale
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Efficient and accurate data entry skills
- Able to work well independently and with others
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to multi-task, respond to rapid change, organize, prioritize, and perform work with minimal supervision