Portsmouth, RI 02871 US
Staffworks Group is now hiring a Marine Technician/Mechanic for a full time position in Warwick, RI and surrounding areas.
This position pays @25.00 - $35.00 an hour depending on experience
**Great opportunity for automotive mechanic interested in changing careers**
Are you looking to learn and grow and have the drive for a career path to a successful future? If so, you are just who we are looking for. APPLY TODAY!
Technicians (mechanic) inspect, maintain, and repair boats of all kinds. Using diagnostic equipment, test and repair boat engines, hulls, propellers, rigging, masts, sails, and navigational equipment. They also install and test sanitation and refrigeration systems, cabinetry, electrical systems, steering gear, and accessories.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Inspect, maintain, and repair boats of all kinds
· Utilize diagnostic equipment to test and repair boat engines, hulls, propellers, rigging, masts, sails, and navigational equipment
· Install and test sanitation and refrigeration systems, cabinetry, electrical systems, steering gear, and accessories
· Troubleshoot, test, repair, replace, remove, and install vessel systems and components
· Conduct thorough assessment prior to starting a job including acknowledging the budgeted time and time
· frame for completion, proving the system and the element requiring service, sourcing parts if required
· Overall knowledge of marine systems including electrical, plumbing & water systems
· Troubleshoot, repair, and install vessel systems and components including but not limited to: electrical, electronics, HVAC, plumbing & water systems (fresh, salt, and waste), gas and diesel engines
· Assign parts and purchases to the appropriate vessels/tickets
· Must possess own tools
· Availability to work overtime to meet deadlines
· Other duties as assigned by Manager
Safety and Environmental Responsibilities:
· Follow Safety and Environmental rules and complete required related training.
· Wear proper personal protective equipment (may include safety glasses, gloves, life jackets and/or hard hats) as required for the task or work area.
· Report all accidents, injuries, spills and near misses immediately.
Technical and Physical Requirements:
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred
· Technical school training preferred
· 5 years’ experience preferred
· ABYC and/or manufacturer certifications preferred
· Ability to ascend and descend a ladder
· Must carry own tools
· Ability to work in confined spaces
· Ability to lift 50 pounds
· Basic boat handling skills preferred
· Experience with both gas and diesel engines preferred