Perry, OH 44081 US
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring the operation of production machinery and the maintenance of all facility equipment. The Maintenance Technician will be engaged in the repair, modification, and installation of new and existing equipment and facility maintenance.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain and repair a broad range of mechanical systems and equipment including hydraulic, pneumatic, lubrication and power transmission systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical operating systems and equipment.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on equipment, including but not limited, to cut-to-length lines, shears, and overhead cranes.
- Minor repairs to buildings and help maintain heating, air conditioning, and ventilating equipment.
- Participate in cycle counts of spare parts and materials inventory.
- Ability to use various tools, including but not limited to precision tools, drill press, power saw, grinders, threaders, pipe cutters, drills, pullers, hoists, wrenches, etc.
- May require overtime, weekends and possible shift changes as needed.
- Punctuality and attendance are extremely important to the success of the operation in general as well as contributing to an overall positive team atmosphere.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Vocational or trade school (preferred) or, High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3+ years’ work experience in maintenance.
- Welding & fabrication experience (preferred).
- Basic programmable logic controller (PLC) programming knowledge
- Ability to read and understand blueprints – electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic.
- Steel manufacturing experience (preferred).
- Operation, inspection, and maintenance of overhead cranes.
- Experience with hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Experience troubleshooting Electrical circuits, using multimeters, meggers,and schematics
- Experience in troubleshooting, monitoring, and general maintenance, and repair.
- Rigging experience requiring proper lifting techniques and equipment.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-directed, reliable, strong initiative, and bias for action.
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with team members.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud and as a result hearing protection and appropriate PPE is required.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, and work at Heights up to 40’. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, stand or walk for an 8-hour shift, climb stairs and ladders, and push/pull on objects.
37812 Vine Street, Willoughby, OH 44094