Staffworks Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/61205/logos/square.png http://www.staffworksgroup.com http://www.staffworksgroup.com USD 54080 YEAR true
Green Bay, OH 54311 US
Posted: 03/13/2023 2023-03-13 2023-04-24 Employment Type: Permanent Industry: Skilled Trades/Construction Job Number: CE389809227 Pay Rate: 54080
Repairs and improves the performance, safety and reliability of equipment using observation, knowledge and trouble shooting skills.
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Tech:
- Sets up production equipment per predetermined layouts.
- Performs preventative and predictive maintenance (PM) on all machinery and equipment based on previously established schedule.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Troubleshoots electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
- Sets up and operates welder, mill, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Sets up new equipment lines and equipment change overs.
- Maintains inventory of parts to assure repairs are done in a timely manner.
- Keeps tools, shop, and work area organized and clean.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Tests, repairs, and operates equipment and tools safely.
- Understand and use lock out / tag out devices.
- Assists and trains production operators on proper use of equipment.
- Performs building maintenance including preventive maintenance and repairs on doors, docks, lighting, etc.
- Uses basic wood working skills to repair and build tables, jigs, and interior wooden structures.
- Maintains, analyzes, and prints equipment centerlines.
- Reads and interprets documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Performs inspections of fire systems as needed.
- Follows all GMP standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintenance Admin role responsibilities where applicable (does not apply to all technicians):
- Manager Plus administration
- Centerline administration
- PM administration
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
One year certificate from college or technical school or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; Associates degree in Electrical/Mechanical background; or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferred, but willing to train.
Requirements of the Maintenance Tech:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with computer skills within machine control/PLC preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Understanding of how business works
- Electrical experience preferred
- Maintenance experience strongly preferred
- Mechanical aptitude
- Operations experience
- PLC programming
- Quality provided in all aspects of position
- Robotics experience – complex machinery & equipment
- Safety focus
- Results oriented
- Flexible and adaptable; easily adjusts
- Solves issues utilizing analytical skills and creativity
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Negotiating experience
- Effectively communicates both orally and in writing
- Ability to speak effectively with employees and visitors
- Customer focus
- Able to deal with conflict in a professional, composed manner
- Empathy, sensitivity, and emotional intelligence
- Ethical practice, trustworthy
- Builds and maintains strong relationships
- Handles setbacks, and perseveres
- Ability to seek out others or information to get the job done
- Capacity to think conceptually and systematically; sees the bigger picture
- Organized with strong time management skills
- Creates and/or facilitates training
- Ability to communicate effectively, providing constructive feedback as needed
- Shares information with team and welcomes honest feedback
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The employee frequently works in high or precarious places and is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.