Staffworks Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/61205/logos/square.png http://www.staffworksgroup.com http://www.staffworksgroup.com USD 17 HOUR true
Caster- 3rd shift
Willoughby, OH 44094 US
Posted: 04/04/2023 2023-04-04 2023-07-02 Employment Type: Contract Job Number: JV1926759327 Pay Rate: $17 / hour
2nd or 3rd
Under supervision this position produces nylon sheets, rods, tubular bars, rectangular bars, nylon sheaves, discs, rings and custom cast components used in construction equipment, waste water treatment food conveyance, mining equipment, power transmission, and steel mills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is an outline of the basic duties and responsibilities of the position identified above. It describes the duties and responsibilities in the broad scope, and is not intended to be all-inclusive. Individual(s) in this position may from time-to-time be assigned other duties as appropriate.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position require operators to become experienced at operating casting equipment in one or more work areas at acceptable production levels by being able to:
- Follow PDS, production schedule and traveler.
- Calculates chemistry percentage levels from pounds to kilograms, etc, and adds or separates chemicals from mixtures.
- Selects, sets-up and verifies tooling.
- Sets-up, loads and operates machines, dye pots and other equipment to flask or unit pours parts.
- Performs periodic quality inspection checks and measures.
- Maintains production logs and other related paperwork with accuracy and completeness.
- Flushes equipment as needed.
- Practices good housekeeping and safety habits, supports and follows company policies and procedures, and performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to maintain an acceptable productivity rating established for each product type
- Must be able to perform basic preventive maintenance of tooling and/or production equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable of continuous improvement methods such as GTO (Scrap reduction).
- Must be able to prioritize work flow.
- Must be able to quickly and repeatedly make adjustments in moving the controls of a machine to exact positions.
- Must be able to correctly follow a given instruction or set of instructions in order to arrange things or actions in a certain order.
- Must be able to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Must be able to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
EDUCATION/TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate (or GED).
- Ability to perform basic math calculations and read measuring tools.
- Some knowledge of nylon applications helpful.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Pervious experience with an ISO style quality control system.
- Normal manufacturing environment requiring physical activity that requires lifting, bending, walking, climbing, etc. with occasional exposure to varying weather conditions.
- May become dirty at times.
*EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPROTUNITY EMPLOYER*